Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

i am trying to lose weight

is this a good place to talk about this/announce it? why not? everyone says the key to successful weight loss is that you are open about it and have a good support system. who better to support me than the people who care enough about my life to read our blog?

why am i trying to lose weight? well.... because i'm overweight. not obese, yet, but overweight definitely. how do i know this? well other than the fact that my bmi says so when i calculate it, i don't feel good in my own body. i am self conscious because my clothing is not flattering anymore and i always picture myself as my smaller self and then when i realize i'm not that, i get sad. 

here is my weight history: i don't really have one! i have been a size eight for as long as i can remember. i honestly believe i went from a girls 16 in 7th grade to a size 8 in 8th grade and have never looked back. as a matter of fact i know this to be at least slightly true because i just got rid of clothing from 8th grade that still fit, it just had to go! i am still a size 8, after i squeeze into all of my clothing! not only do i not have a desire to move up to the double digit sizes (it's not right for my height/body type) but i cannot afford it!

one of my major motivators: the fact that sometime in 2011, i want to try to get pregnant. is this tmi again? maybe. oh well. if you gain at least 30ish pounds while you're pregnant, that means i would be approaching 200 pounds!!! i am only 5' 5"!!! this is not a good thought and i know if i don't take control of all of it now, it will be impossible later.

so here is how to sum up the why: i don't feel good in my body, to keep my current wardrobe, and to be healthy and in control of my weight before i decide to bring life into this world.

so how am i doing it? counting points with weight watchers. i am doing it all online/on my phone. i hope i can stick with it! i'm also trying to get more active. this is a hard goal for me. i am not athletic at all! i have really bad knees which prohibit me from doing a lot of exercises. and it's not something i find to be enjoyable. that's why it's a goal!

so everyone, i will keep you posted on my progress. my goal is to lose 25 pounds by april. that 6 months away. can i do it? yes. will i do it? you will have to follow me on this journey to find out!

3 comments:

  1. yes you will do it :) walk, walk, walk! it's something you and matt can do together and enjoy the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to do this with you! :) you can do it!!
    -b

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I believe in you. Walking is actually a great way to lose weight, and it's relaxing. Try to talk Matt into going with you in the late afternoon/evenings. I'm sure there are lots of places around you to go walking and enjoy the scenery. Good luck! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete