Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

have i gained some amount of patience?

i went to the doctor this past wednesday for my first "exam" where he told me "zero progress, maybe in the next few days". so i go back this wednesday for another.

now most people i know who are having babies are just dying with impatience and anxiousness at this point. i am neither of those things. and here is why.

a) i have nothing to complain about. this pregnancy has been nothing but smooth sailing. no sickness, no waddling, barely even any discomfort. i do not think i am any hotter than any one else in this country right now (is it even possible?) and so therefore, i am not in any particular rush to not be pregnant. the only thing i am really ready to get rid of is the ridiculously large belly. and for people to stop asking me if i am having twins- no, but thanks for politely saying im huge.

b) the way i look at it is that matt and i have the rest of eternity to spend as parents. we have these last few days child free. i do not have to load anyone into the car other than myself. if i want to take a nap, i can- anytime of day. i do not have to feed anyone but myself. i only wipe my own behind. i carry a purse with belongings that are exclusively for my use. i am a free woman! and i know these days are EXTREMELY limited- so why rush them?

c) trust me, i am fully aware of the ridiculousness of this point but i am in NO hurry to experience labor and delivery. i understand that the longer he waits, the bigger he gets, and that will only make it a crazier experience. but for now, i am content having not experienced these 2 events in my life. yes i completely understand- it is inevitable, but for now, let me bask in the moments where i am not thinking about it.

now please do not misunderstand me- if mr. man decides to make his appearance in the next 30 minutes, i will be overcome with joy and ecstatic to finally be a mother. but i am not rushing him. he may take his time. when he ready, i imagine my body will finally take over my mind and i will be ready to experience childbirth. until then, i will enjoy my quiet nights and laying around on the couch at my grandparents doing a lot of nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Both SO true and SO funny... I'm glad your pregnancy was so nice, too... my last one with Elias was such an adventure, that I longed for the days of pregnancy with evva, which was pretty easy, except for the bedrest....no bedrest with Eli, but basically I was there anyway.....
    -Heather Berg.

    ReplyDelete