Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 2, 2012

resolutions

i am a goal setter- constantly. i have always been a list maker and i love few things more than seeing a list where everything is marked through, meaning done. but resolutions to me are a little different than goals. my goals are typically very short term. my lists are frequently accomplishable in a day be them a grocery list, a cleaning list, a phone call list, etc. but resolutions for me are changes i want to make in the long term and in many ways, permanently. so this year i have set 3 new years resolutions, and here they are:

1. send out birthday cards. i want to send an actual card via usps to my friends and family on their birthdays and/or other special occasions. one great thing about having a baby is getting a lot of gifts and i wrote a personal thank you for each one and loved it! i loved spending my time writing them, i loved addressing them, stamping them, and putting them in the mail box, and i loved knowing someone was being thanked for their kindness. so i want to have that feeling all year by mailing cards.

2. read at least one book a month- 12 books in '12. i used to be a great reader. growing up i was always reading. i haven't completely lost that, i read a number of books in 2011, but i am not consistent with it. i am the type who gets hooked in one series, reads all of them, and then doesn't read again for a while. well no more. not just 12 books this year, but one a month- consistency. my first read "the hiding place" by corrie ten boom. i will let you know how it is when i finish it.

3. keep up with my family photo album as it goes. my plan is to print out a photo book each year of my family's happenings but now i need to do all of 2011, soon. that's so overwhelming and it takes so much time to make the photo books, even though the sites are great. so i figure if i keep up with it as the year goes by, i won't be so overwhelmed, my memories will be more accurate, and i will probably have a cuter product because i will take my time.

i will keep everyone posted on my progress. i wish all of you the best of luck in keeping your resolutions this year. i know 2012 is going to be an awesome year!

1 comment:

  1. kellye! i loved reading your resolutions and might have to adopt some of those myself! 2012 IS going to be a great year!!!

    ReplyDelete