Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

my biggest calling

i know there are no big callings or small callings in the church, but today i certainly received what feels like the biggest calling i have ever had. i am now the second counselor in the young women's presidency, over the beehives.

i am so thrilled about this new calling! not only do i love young women's but i have a very special place in my heart for young teenagers, middle school age in particular, which is the age of the beehive girls (12-13). i am excited to get to know them, serve them, and love them. i'm excited to help them mature spiritually. i'm excited to help them have fun at church. i'm just excited.

i know that this is a big responsibility. i know what a tender age these girls are and how important it is for them to learn the correct principles to live by now so that they may be happy for the eternities. i know this because i know how seriously my young women leaders took their callings and how greatly they impacted my life. i had the most incredible young women leaders, some of which i still consider my greatest role models. these women showed me how to be beautiful, strong, and faithful all while maintaining the standards the Lord has for his daughters. they helped me to KNOW i am a daughter of God. they helped me to be happy as a teenager. i hope i can do some of those things for the girls i am about to serve.

i already love these girls even though i really don't even know their names. i am very humbled to be serving them and looking forward to all the ups and downs that this calling will surely bring.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! that is so fun! I've always thought that it would be fun (and time consuming! haha) to be in YW. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your calling! It is such a big responsibility and they will love you forever, just as we are so fond of our old leaders. I am in the stake YW as the secretary, but I'm a little jealous of those working on the ward level! Enjoy it!!! I can't think of anyone better for the job ;)

    ReplyDelete