Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

meeting baby lance

we went to kentucky almost 2 weeks ago. we had a great time and did lots while we were there. but the highlight (for me at least) certainly was meeting baby lance- my best friend's one month old son.

i've written about my 3 best friends before- 3 of the best and most beautiful women i've ever known who i love with all of my heart. well, with this new addition it just makes my love for all of them even greater. it's amazing to see how different our paths are and yet how close and bonded we still are.

lance is just as precious as his pictures make him appear. he looks so much like his daddy but every now and then, you just see his pretty momma shine in him too. we all just held and kissed on him and oo-ed and ah-ed over him- how could you not! he's just so tiny to me, still under 10lbs, which evan was 10 lbs 3 oz when he was born, so he's smaller than my baby ever was. and he is so so sweet! when matt met him, he had to get his hands on him too and just love on that newborn goodness.

we had a wonderful time catching up, eating, reminiscing, talking about the future, and just being together. meredith is about to leave for germany for a whole year so i fear this may be the last picture of the 4 of us together for a while (hopefully we can all squeeze one more visit in before she goes in september). i am so blessed to have these women in my life and thank the Lord that i have the privilege of calling them friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment