Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

because i said so

i didn't ever want to be a mom that said these things but something tells me i will be.

because i am SO close to giving that as EVERY SINGLE ANSWER to EVERY SINGLE QUESTION my students ask me.

i love my students. seriously, they're great. but sometimes, they ask the strangest and most unnecessary questions (i am trying to avoid using certain other adjectives). and i swear, the next one who asks me one of them i am going to look them in the eye and say (with a smile on my face) "oh, just because i said so"

let me give you a couple of examples:

"are we really playing in band today? why?"

"why are we playing the songs in that order?"

"why are we sightreading this music we aren't going to perform?"

"why can't we play a song we played last year that we all really like?"

the list goes on and on and on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment