Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

eye doctor

i promise i will put all of ireland stuff up soon. but that's going to be more of a task than this post.

today i went to the eye doctor.

i don't have a good record with eye doctors. my eye doctor growing up (who had enormously large ears) told me, and i quote, "you are the most difficult patient i have ever had". true story.

my mom and katie will just laugh the whole time we are at the eye doctor because of my seemingly ridiculous behavior. but i SWEAR it is completely unintentional.

i just really cannot keep my eyes open for the pressure test (you know the puff of air that is so loud and violent it makes you hit your head really hard on the bar they make you rest against?). well today it was so bad with my incessant blinking and watering or my eye that they didn't even try it.

then she asked me how often i threw my contacts away. i told her about every 2 months. she looked at me like i was an idiot and said "these are 2 week contacts. you are going to go blind." this is the first time she threatened me with blindness but they kept coming.

then she made me cover one eye and tell her what letters i could see. well in all honestly i couldnt see any with my left eye. she told me that was ridiculous and my vision shouldnt be that bad in my left eye. okay, well, it is. sorry.

then she had to put drops in my eyes. never good. she told me she hopes i never get an eye infection or i will go blind (time #2) because i wont be able to put the medicine in my eye. i told her i had an eye infection a year ago and had to put drops in every 2 hours and she said she was shocked. then she said she didnt know how i wore contacts because, and i quote, "you are the worst blinker i have ever dealt with". such is life.

then she had to do a different pressure test where she numbed my eye and had to touch it with some machine. she said most people who cant do the pressure test pass this one with flying colors but of course, i could barely do it. she said "i hope you never get glaucoma or you will go blind". (time #3) i dont know why she said that in relation to the pressure test but she did. she kept asking me to open my eye and i told her "i really do think my eye is open really wide so when you tell me, i think im doing it" and she told me "well its not because all you are doing is blinking". like i said, im not doing it on purpose! i really think im doing what im being asked to do!

then i got my contacts and left. good grief! she was not nice to me. i have only ever had 1 eye doctor be nice to me and he doesnt take my insurance so i couldnt go to him. me + eye exams = fail.

2 comments:

  1. Kellye,
    You are hilarious. And this post is the reason I miss you. No one rants through narrative quite like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww what a stink of an experience, i can relate! if it makes you feel better, i'm going blind as well...i totally wear my 2 week contacts for at least 2 months and my mom has glaucoma...yadda yadda yadda!

    ReplyDelete