Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

late start

today was such a strange morning! it stormed last night here in charlotte (i only know because oliver, my parents 110lb golden lab who lives with my grandparents too and sleeps in my room, woke me up with the loudest bark ever!). well when i woke up i could see that there was debris various places due to the extreme winds (i seriously thought my window was going to break) but nothing more than that.

boy was i wrong! i left my grandparents at 7:05 like i do every morning and i usually get to school right at 7:30. today i didn't get to school until 8! homeroom is supposed to be over 7:53 but when i got here, we were still in homeroom. our principal was standing at the front door checking teachers in. we couldn't move onto a period because there weren't enough teachers in the building! we stayed in homeroom until 9 and they put on remember the titans over the tv for the whole school to watch.

some kids got here 3 hours late. that's not a joke. there are over 200,000 power outages and 75 lights out. not to mention 485 is closed at our exit and a bunch of the roads around here are down to one lane or closed because trees are fallen on them.

so no a period which means i gave e period a free day so i can keep my music appreciation classes on the same schedule. i have gotten so much done today!! i only blog during my lunch break, so this time doesn't really count.

hope everyone is safe from the weather. it's beautiful and sunny here now. i guess i will still get to walk the puppies after all! (they are here with me for the week)

1 comment:

  1. kellye! we got the storm too! we still don't have power at my house :( a house 3 down and the car parked in front got crushed by a tree. glad you are safe and glad you had a good productive day!!! miss you

    ReplyDelete