Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

tomorrow is THE day

tomorrow, thursday, august 4, evan will be here!

today i went to the doctor for what i already knew would be my final prenatal appointment, since they were going to induce me saturday if i didnt go into labor before then.

well the appointment didnt go all that well. i had not progressed one bit and while i had been loosing weight at my last few appointments, i gained weight at this one. the dr was a bit concerned so he sent me down the hall to have an ultrasound to see how big evan was measuring.

well the ultrasound tech laughed. she said "he's big". i said "big big?" she said "big big. he's weighing in at 10lbs 13oz". i know there is a 15% margin of error with the ultrasound measurements but that still means he's at least 9lbs and a few ounces. so then i went back my exam room.

the doctor came back and told me the following. he said inducing me would be a complete waste of time and energy. he honestly doesnt believe i would even fully dilate to 10cm (my mom was only 4 after 32 hours of labor). he said even if in the slim chance i did, he is absolutely confident is would take at least 24 hours, which to him, is just too much. then he said he would fear the worst case scenario- he is very confident that his shoulders would not fit. he called it "shoulder ___ (something)" and said it's where the head comes out and then, it's bad. so he said to avoid all that will inevitably happen, we must do a c section.

i have had a feeling this was coming. my mom had to have an emergency c section with me and a scheduled one with katie. the dr said he has been thinking for a while this was the direction we were headed because of the lack of progress and the fact that my belly is just much bigger than it should be.

he asked me if we could do it today. i told him matt was 2 1/2 hours away so he said what about tonight? well when he called the hospital and asked if that was an option, they literally laughed at him and said "no". so he said "what about 7:30 in the morning?" and they said "perfect!" then he put me on the phone, they told me some stuff, and we were all scheduled.

so matt's on his way now to charlotte with katie from band camp and tomorrow at this time, we will have a baby boy! now the question is, how big will he really be? (and don't worry- i didn't buy any newborn clothing and was only given about 5 items, i NEVER thought i was having a baby under 8lbs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment