Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

manual labor!

i actually did some today. if you know me, and i assume you do if you're reading this, you know me and anything physical don't usually go together. the only exception is marching band, that's kind of sad. that makes me sound really lazy, and i'm so not, i just don't enjoy exercise or sweating.

well today was a big exception and it felt great! i didn't exercise, that's still not something enjoyable for me, but i did do some manual labor around our and my parents house!

my parents are in the process of converting a room in their basement into a music studio for me to teach my piano lessons out of- they're amazing. earlier this week, the drywall got finished so today, matt and i went and painted it while grammye so lovingly offered to watch evan upstairs (she's amazing too). we didn't get one wall finished, because it needed longer than the other walls to dry and it needed a primer (it's cinder block), but other than one coat of color on that wall, we finished!

in between coats and after we finished the painting, we did A LOT of yard work. right now there is little to show for it other than a completely empty flower bed next to our sidewalk, because it was all prep work for what we plan to do in the very very near future. so stay tuned! because beautiful things are occurring around the smith home!

No comments:

Post a Comment