Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 23, 2012

shelf clearing

typically, i do not appreciate people shelf clearing. of course that exception is when i do it, which is super rare. i generally don't do it for 2 reasons:

1. i don't have the coupons to justify it and
2. i don't have the money for it!

well, when my mom is in town, neither of those things really matter, cause she's awesome and loves to spend money on us, especially if it's on evan, which this was.

so we went to food lion to buy all the supplies for the irish dinner and ended up with bags and bags of baby food. but it was all closeout and 50% off!! and i did have a bunch of coupons. so i started loading up the buggy according to my coupons and then my mom said "get it all" and we did. here is the proof:


so here are the numbers:

the total number of jars of food: 168 (the boxes each contain 2 jars) + 2 boxes of cereal + 2 4packs of juice

total cost if we had paif full price: $124.57

total of closeout price: $61.82

total amount of coupons i had: $17.65

final price: $44.17 (a savings of 65%)

so while this not be incredibly impressive, it's still pretty good, because that's A LOT of baby food! so a huge thanks to my mom for indulging me in my love of good deals and letting me have so much fun clearing those shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment