Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 17, 2012

no... unless it's colt

since my last post about evan's vocabulary- it has grown. he can now say:

moo (very short)
oo (the sound a gorilla makes)
pa pa (poppie)
wa wa (water)
colt (our friend/adopted family member colt campbell)

and.....

NO! or no no! or no no no or another combination.

right now, it's hilarious. and we are living it up. we ask him everything we can think to ask him and the response is always a resounding "no"- head/body shake and all

well, before church yesterday, he was laying on our bed while we were putting his shoes on him, and matt decided to ask him who his favorite was. the conversation went a little like this:

matt: is mommy your favorite?
evan: no
matt: is daddy your favorite?
evan: no
matt: is mimi your favorite?
evan: no
matt: is ak your favorite?
evan: no

and so and and so on with practically every member of the family. so i said to matt "watch this" and i had this conversation with him:

me: evan, is colt your favorite?
evan: colt, colt, colt

then we get to church. colt shows up at the door. he points and points and says "colt"

we are waiting for sunday school to start, matt and colt are standing outside of the door and he is pointing to colt and repeatedly saying "colt"

so today, at my yw presidency meeting, i decided to see if he would perform for everyone. here is how that conversation went:

me: is mommy your favorite?
evan: no
me: is daddy your favorite?
evan: colt, colt

he didn't even wait for me to get to colt- he just went there on his own! so colt now has a fan club. with at least one member in it. although he's only 13 months, he seems pretty committed.

2 comments:

  1. I love when they have 'favorites'...even when it isn't me! haha Grace's recent favorite is her cousin, Luke. She wakes up asking for him, and goes to bed asking for him. Adoring, is an understatement! I can't believe Evan is 13 months! He is just the most adorable boy, ever! I sure wish you guys lived closer so I could see you guys more!

    ReplyDelete