Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 1, 2012

the best of times

i have a lot of good days- i always have! i have an awesome life and am blessed to have awesome people all around me. but some days are just the best. so wonderful that you honestly wish they would never end. i once said to katie that i understand why kids cry when they leave disney world- it's because the day was so perfect they are honestly sad it's over. i've had days so wonderful that when they do end, i often find myself in a sobbing fit within the next day or 2 for some inexplicable reason. so, since i recently added one of those to my list, i decided to share 3 of those most treasured memories with you all. they are in no particular order and are certainly not the only days like that- just some i have been reflecting on lately.


shana and lukes wedding- which happened to be this past weekend and i will certainly blog more about this when i have some pictures to share. i'm going to be totally honest- i wasn't as excited as i normally am in preparation for this. i think because it was the longest i have ever left evan and i was a bit sad about that. but when i got there, it TOTALLY changed. it was a PERFECT weekend. okay... it had it's share of drama, but what wedding doesn't?  it's just part of it. no, in all seriousness it was a weekend all about love- the love of this new couple, the love of my sisters (from my sorority, shana is a sorority sister and 2 of the other bridesmaids were also), the love of best friends. i cried through the entire (quite literally) wedding and then a while on the way home because i was just overcome with the joy of the weekend. i can't express how thankful i am to have been a part of such an awesome occasion.


lauren and tyler's wedding. that was undoubtedly one of the best days of my life. lauren is my soul sister (one of my 3 best friends from high school) and the whole celebration- starting weeks before with showers and the bachelorette party- through the day of was absolutely perfect. when i look back on the pictures from that wedding, i am overcome with love for lauren, meredith, allison, and everyone else involved in that day. i have the best friends in the world and am so blessed to have them still so much a part of my life- for more than 13 years now!! (ladies... we are getting old :)



boa atlanta senior year. this may seem like an odd one. and maybe some of you don't even know what b.o.a. is. let's just say it's one giant marching band competition. being a member of the lafayette band was probably the single greatest experience of my life. i know that may sound ridiculous to some of you, but it has single handedly shaped most of my life. i cannot think back to my days as member without tears i miss it so much still- now 7 years later! but that competition weekend was just perfect. we won our class, came in second overall, and i just remember a feeling of accomplishment. it was my last competition as a member of the band and it just felt like i had given everything i could to that organization. i remember just celebrating with everyone- people who i would have NEVER associated with had it not been for band but who i had grown to truly cherish over the 4 years. i remember crying with my best friends that it was over and that it happened. i just remember that day being nothing but happy and joyful.



so maybe these seem random to you. maybe you expected to read about my wedding or evan's birth- of course those are on the list! but these days are ranked right up there with those. and tis the season for me to be thinking of those events specifically- weddings have been in the front of my mind lately and when shana's wedding wasn't- marching band was. i just wanted to share a little bit of my best of times with you in hopes that it may remind you of some of those days in your own life.


2 comments:

  1. Aw I love this post! I'm so grateful for those awesome days in my life as well and the people I'm surrounded by, those choice people we call friends. It makes life all the more worthwhile. Thanks for writing this, also sorry I've fallen of of the blogosphere, I need to create a new blog that has not become my journal to share with all. xo Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i loved reading this and thinking back on some wonderful times. and i love you :)

    ReplyDelete