Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

first day of school... in november?

yep. today was my first day of school...

as a teacher!!

yay! that is pretty much all i have to say. it was wonderful. i am under no delusion that it will be everyday, trust me. i have taught enough through student teaching and such to know better than that, but today was the day i have been waiting for for a long long time. to finally be a teacher and a band director.

it was great. it was crazy. i cannot believe i'm still awake and alive and functioning. here is the play by play.

5:20 woke up, got dressed.

6 left my house, took 3 slices of turkey bacon and a vitamin water with me for breakfast

6:03 called matt because my car wouldn't shift

6:10 matt came and traded cars with me

7:33 arrived, 3 minutes late, to my first day of work went into the front office and signed a w-4 and some insurance forms, waited around to meet with an administrator but that never happened

8:20 went to the band room. i spent the rest of my day here and in my office. i cleaned out my desk and a filing cabinet (filling a trash can) and organized like crazy

11 met with the band booster president and a super active mom, they were both great, which is incredibly comforting

12:25 ate a chocolate pudding and a bag of 100 calorie goldfish

12:30 ran the 2 band classes. it was crazy, totally on a whim and off the top of my head, but great!!

2:40 helped a girl with mozart 3 horn concerto

3 lesson planned for tomorrows band classes

4 left for columbia

5:45 taught a piano lesson

6:30 home! ate 4 slices of pizza while watching wheel of fortune

all in all, the moral of the story is, I SURVIVED!! and am happy!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Loved the play by play. Now I don't have to be one of the millions of people that are going to sat, "how was your first day?" cause now I know! I am glad that it went so well! Yeah Kellye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i'm so happy for you kellye! i know how much you have wanted to be a band director. i'm sure your former teachers would be so proud :) if you ever come out this way, we would LOVE to have you!

    ReplyDelete