Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

bouncing baby boy- baby shower #1

my first baby shower was 2 weeks ago today. it was SO MUCH FUN!! my mom and sister threw it for me and all of my school friends were invited. we played lots of fun games and really enjoyed the afternoon together- especially since i dont get to see a lot of these girls very often. and baby evan and i really racked up on the gifts! these girls know how to shop (duh... they're college girls). here are some of the pictures. some highlights from the games and some with my favorite people!

2 of the games we don't have pictures of. (well i think someone does but, it's not me). for the first game, everyone passed around yarn and scissors and had to cut a piece the length they thought my belly size was. the rule was you couldn't go over, well my mom was the only one who didn't! so we went the closest over. people think i'm a lot bigger than i really am, but i was happy to prove them wrong!

the other game we don't have pictures of was called "hidden baby evans". they had printed baby boys on little stickers (the same baby boy as the invitation) and put them EVERYWHERE. you just had to run around the house and outside and collect the most stickers. some of the girls were crazy! that's why i love them though.

one of the games was the diaper game. you had to identify what candy bar was melted into the diaper. the only thing about it- they look SO gross!! here are some of the best photos from the game:
kaitlin is not liking that diaper!

grammye wasn't scared

and this just captures the absolute grossness of the diapers.

the actual contents of the diapers

in another game everyone had to go outside and pop balloons. there were lots of balloon and some of them were empty while others had tiny pacifiers, bottles, or even little babies! whoever got the most loot, won! some of the girls were going crazy, i just observed.

the beginning (there were balloons everywhere. this picture does not do it justice)

this might give you a better idea, just by looking at the aftermath. 

then we came back in for presents! i came home with a car full of stuff! everything from bibs to spoons to a turtle sandbox! and my baby bag (beautiful!) and 2 little night dresses for me to wear in the hospital and all sorts of other goodies. we are so blessed to have such giving friends and family!

baby stuff is oh so cute!

everyone loves to look at all the cute baby stuff!

some of the damage. this really doesn't do it justice.

so many beautiful friends came. i love them all so much! most of them are my sorority sisters. we really had the best time together. we ate, laughed, played games, and just mainly enjoyed each others company.

everyone at the shower

me and one my sai sisters, who last weekend became dr. pandolfino!

these 2 sai sisters were the first friends i made in college. i love them both so much!!

me with the hostesses. my sister and my mommy.

my grammye, mom, me, and sister

another sai sister- kaitlin! came from charlotte to celebrate.

meredith definitely wins the prize for travel though! she has been my best friend since 6th grade and she came all the way from atlanta for the party. seriously don't know what i would do without her and our other 2 best friends in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment