Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

graduation!

this past weekend was full of eventfulness! friday was matt's 27th birthday, saturday was his and katie's graduation, and sunday was mothers day. we had a wonderful time with my parents, his parents, and my grandparents all in town for the events!

on friday, for matt's birthday, we grilled steaks and salmon and ate outside at our house. matt got a really fun game from my parents called "quelf". we played it for a while and had a blast! it's hilarious. he got some ties and a shirt and money for his birthday too, all good stuff!

saturday was the big event. in the morning, matt, both of our dads, and a friend, jacob, went golfing. i was proud of matt because he didn't get a sunburn, he actually kept his hat on! then they came home, cleaned up, and we headed to the colonial center for graduation. it was his and katie's graduation. matt graduated with a masters of music education and katie with a bachelors or music with an emphasis in music education and a performance certificate on bassoon. they both graduated with honors too! after graduation, we all came back to our house and had a low country boil. it was delicious and fun.

sunday was mothers day. matt got me some beautiful flowers (they are in my dining room right now) and katie got me a cute shirt that says "new mom 2011". church was wonderful as usual. we had an especially amazing talk given by an especially amazing 10 year old girl. there was hardly a dry eye in that congregation! what a spirit and what a sweet and wonderful girl. matt's parents left before church and mine left the night before to stay in charlotte with my grandparents. we were sad to see everyone go but so glad everyone could come and visit. it was a GREAT weekend!

here are some pictures from graduation:



the master and me


 the master, me and his parents


a graduate sandwich! all of us are usc alumni now!


the graduates, me and my parents 


the one in the glasses is my dear friend shelley 


here is one without the glasses. we are all in her bridesmaids! 


the real princess grad


katie with our grammye and poppie 


katies blinged out cap! she did an awesome job! 


sisters

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT.

    I love the way you document things. It's so true to yourself.
    Also, Matt stole the show in those glasses!

    ReplyDelete